Staff Software Engineer - E2E Testing (8261_R-981624)
- Do you have a PASSION for Quality?
- Do you ENJOY writing scripts?
- Do you LOVE breaking stuff?
- Would you like to work for the largest retailer in the WORLD?
If you can answer yes to those four questions, we want to meet you.
In Walmart's customer experience team, we are expanding our QE team to support several new and exciting products for both [Register to View] and Walmart stores.
- 10+ Years of Hands-on web Automation Scripting, End-To-End Testing experience building/testing highly scalable e-commerce applications
- At least 5+ year experience in leading a team, roadmap planning, task prioritization, resource management etc
- Excellent communication skills/Dedicated/Motivated/Able to navigate complex cross functional E2E engineering teams.
- Hands on experience in building complex automation frameworks with new technologies available
- 7+ years of hands-on very strong experience developing/automating highly distributed, complex APIs, automation, eCommerce websites and test automation
- 10+ years of experience in quality engineering, testing web based/Back-end applications
- Experience in exploring tools and technologies and identify the best fit for the need at hand and develop proof of concept
- Thorough knowledge and hands on experience in working with GIT
- Good knowledge in Frontend testing is a plus
- Prior experience in working on tools like test café is a good to have.
- Expertise in analyzing issues and proposing solutions and problem solving
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Jenkins, others)
- Good experience in CICD tools like looper, concord.
- Be a mentor and guide the team members
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
What You Will Do
- Build/Lead/Own end-to-end test automation, self-service tool, APIs, scripts and quality assurance testing for large-scale, eCommerce web/mobile applications, tools and/or software.
- Lead/participate in end-to-end automation and manual quality assurance testing for large-scale, eCommerce customer facing front end applications, tools and/or software.
- Innovate and develop tools/capabilities to solve quality needs/issues
- Write & Automate test plans and test cases
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development lifecycle
- Work with product and program on big scale projects to design, develop and plan on testing activities including automation.
- Resolve any automation framework issues and work on tool enhancements as needed.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to achieve a high level of code coverage
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more
Who We Are...
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
860 W CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-0000, United States of America