Data Engineer III - Sam's Club (8261_R-775590)
- Design, build, test, and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide drive value from data at Walmart Scale
- Interact with Sam's Club engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome product features to keep platform ahead of market scenarios.
- Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and/or interacting with various open source forums
- Develop and/or Contribute to add features that enable customer analytics at Walmart scale
- Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms
- Develop and implement best-in-class monitoring processes to enable data applications meet SLAs
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision- making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- 4-7 years of Big data development experience
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Data Engineering, complex data pipeline development
- Design, develop, implement, and tune distributed data processing pipelines that process large volume of data; focusing on scalability, low -latency, and fault-tolerance in every system built.
- Exposure to Data Governance (Data Quality, Metadata Management, Security, etc.)
- Experience with Java, Scala and/or Python to write data pipelines and data processing layers
- Demonstrates expertise in writing complex, highly optimized queries across large data sets
- Proven, working expertise with Big Data Technologies Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark Scala/PySpark, and SQL
- Knowledge and experience in Kafka, Storm, Druid and Presto with hands-on experience with spark and cloud systems are added advantage.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process .
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years' experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America