Director, Data Stewardship (8261_R-983498)
- Accountable to lead, research and develop a broad data landscape for Merchandising use
- Accountable for the execution of multiple business plans and projects to meet customers and operational needs; communicating business plans and priorities; reporting on barriers and obstacles that impact performance.
- Establish guidelines and protocols that govern the proliferation of data to ensure that data controls are enforced while simplifying access to data
- Quickly develop the business knowledge required to support Merchandising function and governance activities
- Ensure the governed, high-quality data is available to support Merch business objectives
- Develop a deep understanding and alignment to the Data Governance program and policy requirements
- Approve assets to be considered governed
- Approve data sharing and access to data
- Responsible for attracting, retaining and developing talent.
Driving Customer/Client Needs: Builds and maintains consistent relationships with customers and proactively identifies customer needs.
Data Vision, Strategy & Roadmap: Accountable for Merch data roadmap as well as upstream and downstream impacts. Ensures and drives communication for internal and external stakeholders. Interfaces and influences partners to secure alignment and resources. Mentors team members on product roadmap and development. Identifies areas of innovation across Merch domain.
Influencing & Building Stakeholder Consensus: Influences team members and stakeholders with sound recommendations. Seeks and provides constructive feedback, anticipates needs/questions, and responds appropriately.
Technology Orientation: Advocates for adoption of new and emerging technologies. Possesses an understanding of data system architecture, services involved, and the database and cloud technologies used. Demonstrates awareness of technical topics at a conceptual level, as well as the systems and data that enable major capabilities and drives innovation.
Data Stewardship & Governance: Accountable for Establishing, modifying, and documenting data governance strategies and initiatives. Provides guidance to business stakeholders, peers, and associates on the implementation of data governance practices. Helps business leaders understand and interpret company and regulatory policies around data. Determines data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines. Drives the successful adoption of organizational data utilization. Educates others on roles and accountability for data management. Actively participates in external communities to grow and develop deeper understanding of policy and regulatory changes that may happen from a data perspective.
Applied Business Acumen: Accountable for evaluating proposed business cases for projects and initiatives. Influences business stakeholder decision making. Builds and articulates the business case and return on investment and delivers work that has demonstrable value. Accountable for development of new organization-wide processes and ways of working. Teaches and guides others on best practices.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You are passionate about data, merchandising and retail.
- You are a team player with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining respect for the team.
- You are inquisitive, focused, organized, and an abstract thinker.
- Data Quality is an essence of your work culture.
- Exhibit excellent ability to understand business concepts very quickly.
- You have experience working in Walmart Merchandising Teams or serving in Walmart's vendor community.
- You have a demonstrated track record and hands-on experience in data management/data stewardship areas, including use of Collibra or other data profiling and curation tools
- You understand data concepts, including data design and modelling, as well as SQL, BI tools (Excel, Tableau, Looker, or Power BI) and Big Data.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field and 7 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area OR 9 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
- Experience with data analysis, data documentation, data quality monitoring and improvement.
- Strong understanding of organization's needs and ability to drive change
- Strong leadership and communication skills as well as the ability to influence executive stakeholders and understand their points of view
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 6 years' experience in
data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 2: 8 years' experience in data stewardship,
data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance,
Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 4 years' experience in in data stewardship, data management, database administration,
data analytics, or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Management certification (for example, Certified Data Management Professional), Driving taxonomy development and application particularly with large and complex sets of information, Industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Master's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, Supervisory
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America