What you'll do...
Mentors Associate Researchers and Researchers in day-to-day User Experience research methodologies by providing guidance on project-based research tasks; and contributing to educational research modules for the User Experience practice.
Acts as user experience research consultant by providing recommendations for appropriate research to inform product development roadmap ;recommending and executing research to inform corporate initiatives; developing and maintaining relationships with Product Management team, User Experience team, and business teams by serving as the subject matter expert regarding the multi-channel customer; identifying research issues and monitoring, evaluating, modifying, and validating consumer-based research designs, analyses, and information sources; providing guidance on project-based research tasks; and contributing to educational research modules for the user experience practice curriculum.
Develops and delivers insights on user interaction with current and proposed designs by designing primary research programs across product initiatives (for example, checkout, grocery, mobile) requiring site-wide and key revenue driving pages; using research methods (quantitative or qualitative); leading, planning, and executing research activities (for example, field studies, focus groups, surveys, usability studies); gathering and analyzing data; drawing conclusions from data; creating reports and metrics to measure feature performance; providing consumer-specific information and data to support management decisions; interpreting data and trends; and developing and communicating usability and product improvement recommendations to Product Management team, User Experience team, and senior management.
Manages the research relationship with contractors, and suppliers by creating requests for proposals (RFPs); reviewing, evaluating, and modifying user experience research designs and analyses; ensuring deliverables are defined and agreed upon before any work is initiated; providing direction and feedback to vendors; providing feedback for evaluating accountability and overall vendor performance; reviewing deliverables; and reviewing key measures with management team.
Drives and recommends proactive broad based, site-wide research programs by understanding business objectives and analyzing customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing user research strategies, plans, and practices; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; gathering and analyzing data; drawing conclusions from data; creating reports and measuring performance; providing user-specific information and data to support management decisions; and interpreting data and trends.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 3 years' design research experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year's design research experience OR 7 years' design
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Conducting quantitative on-line research methodologies with systems (for example, UserZoom, Keynote), Designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS)
Masters: Economics, Masters: Human Computer Interaction, Masters: Psychometrics, Masters: Statistics
1901 N HENDERSON AVE, DALLAS, TX 75206-7319, United States of America