VP, Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for PGIM Fixed Income (R-107139)
Job Classification:Corporate - Human Resources
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world’s top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality.
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. With 950 employees and $957bn assets under management, the company has offices in Newark, London, Letterkenny, Amsterdam, Munich, Zurich, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Our business climate is a safe inclusive environment, centered around mutual respect, intellectual honesty, transparency and teamwork. Our leaders are focused on talent & culture; dedicated to fostering growth & development at all levels to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow.
Reporting to the President of PGIM Fixed Income, the Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) will partner with members of the senior leadership team to develop and implement a global DEI strategy specific to PGIM Fixed Income. We are seeking a seasoned, team-oriented diversity and inclusion practitioner with a demonstrated ability to influence, design and execute DEI programs. The successful candidate for this role will advise the organization on best-in-class DEI practices and partner with other affiliates of PGIM, PGIM’s Office of DEI, Human Resources (HR) and PGIM Fixed Income senior leadership.
We seek a creative and critical thinker with an ability to act decisively, navigate ambiguity and make an impact. If you are a person who possess in-depth knowledge and experience with core diversity, equity and inclusion concepts, and have an ability to develop collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to co-create content and align on solutions, then this is the role for you! This is a hybrid role that will be based in our Newark, NJ location 2-3 days a week.
- Responsible for developing and executing upon PGIM Fixed Income’s overall strategy and action plans for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Perform needs assessments and co-create a multi-year strategy with PGIM Fixed Income’s senior leadership team that is impactful and measurable.
- Responsible for the overall project management of DEI programs and initiatives across PGIM Fixed Income. This spans from idea generation to day-to-day hands-on execution of these projects.
- Create PGIM Fixed Income’s DEI story globally and maintain strategic and programmatic DEI communications to consistently report and highlight DEI initiatives. Provide qualitative content and generate presentation materials for senior leadership communications as well as external communications to clients (directly through RFP, client meetings and other client requests, as well as through advising and assisting the PGIM Fixed Income Client Advisory Group).
- Partner with HR and other business stakeholders to design and implement recruiting strategies to meet business objectives at the early talent, mid-level and senior executive level.
- Engage with PGIM’s DEI office and Prudential’s Inclusive Solutions team to capitalize on external diverse talent sourcing partners and act as primary liaison with external organization that are essential to our diversity mission.
- Partner with HR and PGIM’s office of DEI to develop training and education programs to obtain true buy-in across the organization, provide managers with tools to ensure inclusive behaviors and drive a more inclusive culture.
- Work closely with HR and Legal to improve our diversity metrics reporting and ensure DEI transparency and accountability for senior leaders, managers and employees.
- Responsible for providing advice, guidance, and strategies to affinity groups within PGIM Fixed Income and leveraging Inclusion Strands and Business Resource Groups at the broader PGIM and Prudential level.
- Work closely with PGIM Fixed Income’s Early Talent Coordinator to nurture diverse talent
- Responsible for coordinating various efforts related to corporate culture, education/awareness and community engagement in partnership with HR
Your Required Skills:
- 10+ years engagement in Inclusion & Diversity, HR or Talent Management initiatives
- 5+ years of experience with diversity content development and facilitation
- Financial industry experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into an executable strategy and delivering against the plan with little oversight
- Proven track record of facilitating organization-wide initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders
- Strong communicator - written and verbal - and exceptional at collaborating with others with the ability to influence team members of all levels
- Excellent project management skills and experience managing multiple complex deliverables under ambitious deadlines
- Learning mindset with a clear interest in being curious and creative, and a capacity to quickly absorb new concepts
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet also be a team player
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.