PGIM Fixed Income - Specialist, Portfolio Administration (R-106847)
Job Classification:Investment Management - Investment Operations
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. As of December 31, 2021, the firm has $957 billion of assets under management including $412 billion in institutional assets, $205 billion in retail assets, and $340 billion in proprietary assets. Over 900 global institutional clients have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
The Accounting and Performance team within PGIM Fixed Income works in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate should have knowledge of various Fixed Income products and understand portfolio accounting and performance concepts. The candidate should also be a self-starter who can take a vision and create solutions using adept problem-solving abilities.
This is a newly created position to support our growing insurance client business. This is a strategic priority and critically important to oversee unique data needs of insurance clients. The primary responsibilities include performing Net Asset Value (NAV) reconciliations, validation and reporting of book value, book yield and gain/loss data, analyzing monthly portfolio returns, and helping the team with data requests and reports.
What You Will Do:
- Work within the team to produce and verify portfolio returns and NAVs across our different vehicles
- Analyze fixed income security book value, book yield, amortization, accretion, book price and related data for accuracy
- Review lot level alignment for positions
- Impairment processing and accounting adjustments
- Analyze current processes and identify areas needed for improvement
- Support day-to-day business issues
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies.
Skills You Will Need:
- 1-3 years in an accounting related role; experience working within an Asset Manager is a plus but not required
- Technical accounting knowledge with understanding and interpretation of GAAP and STAT accounting policies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve issues independently
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and networks both within and outside the organization
- Candidate must be able to collaborate with others, communicate clearly and have strong attention to detail
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science preferred but degree in other fields also will be considered
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.