Independent Optometrist - Walmart
- Evaluate patients' health condition within the full vision center scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with optometry scope and practice per state board.
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, focus and coordination.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; provide additional treatment as necessary.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and any co-management with external healthcare professionals as needed.
- Prescribe and fit glasses, contact lenses and other visual aids.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and engagement in all patient interactions.
- Assists vision center staff on best practices and procedures; ensuring adherence to state, local and federal healthcare regulations and Walmart vision center guidelines.
*This job description is merely a summary and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
Doctor of Optometry (OD) from an accredited optometry school
Valid state optometry license
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
1000 BYPASS N, LAWRENCEBURG, KY 40342-9462, United States of America