Data Engineer (R-107787)
Job Classification:Technology - Software Development/Quality Engineering
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability, and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Data Tech team at Prudential Financials is looking for a Data Engineer to join a diverse team dedicated to providing best in class data services to our customers, stakeholders, and partners.
As a part of our CDO organization, you will work with our ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and various BUs to define solutions for operationalizing data-driven decision making in a cost effective and scalable manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced skills in data model design and SQL development experience in RDBMS databases such as DB2, Oracle, Teradata
- Extensive knowledge of coding and scripting languages, SQL, Python, etc.
- Development experience with report development using tools like Cognos, in building variety of reports
- Strong knowledge in ETL/ELT processes and tools. Informatica experience is a big plus
- Experience implementing metadata solutions for configurable codebase
- Ability to solve business problems by designing and building reports and queries, enhancing the ETL and databases, or identifying root cause issues
- Experience in system analysis, design, development, and implementation of data pipeline
- Ability to analyze big-picture data needs of the business
- Experience working in an Agile development team and tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- 3+ years of experience as Data developer
- Experience developing business applications using SQL databases. NoSQL is a plus
- Strong knowledge of ETL/ELT processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and focused on continuous improvement
- Experience working with Cognos Reporting Suite
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable architecture and code.
- Responsible for all phases of Data Integration/Acquisition/Reporting and associated ETL processes and Reporting
- Evaluate and enhance current ETL processes
- Provide database support by scripting or modifying SQL queries
- Maintain and enforce coding standards and best practices
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality of high scale web applications and services.
- Participate in the architecture and system design discussions
- Independently perform hands on development and unit testing of the applications
- Collaborate with the development team and build/enhance individual components of the application
- Work in a team environment with business, technology, production operation, and cross functional teams to deliver a project throughout the whole software development cycle
- Responsible to identify and resolve any performance issues
- Keep up to date with newer technology developments
- Participate in code review to make sure standards and best practices are met
- Experience with Python, AWS, Denodo
- Working experience in Informatica toolset (Power Center, TDM)
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.