Associate Manager, Procurement (Hybrid) (R-107839)
Job Classification:Corporate - Human Resources
Prudential’s Global Sourcing and Procurement Group (GSP) empowers Prudential globally to drive the greatest value by leveraging supplier partnerships. GSP provides our global customers easy access to products and services at the greatest value through business insights, market knowledge, seamless and efficient processes, and professional expertise.
Information Technology Procurement (ITP) is a category within GSP. ITP is responsible for managing vendors for IT hardware and software acquisitions, as well as certain IT consulting and services for the enterprise.
The Contracting & Negotiating Center of Excellence (CNCOE) is part of the ITP organization. The group is customer service focused and fast paced, working within a team environment. We are responsible for managing and negotiating low risk contracts for GSP. The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering strategic and best-in-class procurement support to all Prudential organizations including, but not limited to, management and negotiation of contracts, as well as leveraging third-party procurement relationships to achieve cost savings. You will partner closely with GSP Category Managers (CMs) and the Alternate Legal Service Provider (ALSP) team.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Manage negotiation of contract terms including pricing and volume discounts
- Handle both routine and complex paperwork inclusive of negotiating contracts related to purchasing solutions
- Interact with alternate legal service team and Prudential’s lawyers during contracting
- Assist with sourcing process including acquisition of IT & non-IT solutions
- Assist with the execution of enterprise-wide purchasing programs for the technology unit
- Experience in Procurement, managing complex acquisitions, and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated capability in working in a multi-function team environment, including effective influence management
- Effective conflict management skills
- Understanding of industry trends in contracting and supplier management practices
- Strong sourcing skills and experience required
- Analytical skills and understanding of MS Office tools & Apttus
- Strong communication and presentation skills necessary
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Solid customer service orientation
- Takes ownership of actions and demonstrates the ability to work independently with a high volume of work
- Takes responsibility for putting in time and effort needed to achieve work objectives
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and a positive, "can-do" attitude
- Surfaces potential problems for decision makers to keep projects on track
- Ability to adjust work to accommodate needs of group processes
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work autonomously and to make certain decisions on their own
- Must be results-oriented and effective within a collaborative, team environment
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.