Director, Scrum Master (R-107811)
Job Classification:Technology - Project Mgmt/Business Analysis
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Prudential is seeking a skilled professional to help implement and execute on aggressive and transformational business outcomes; this role will support teams aligned to our Enterprise Digital Technology and U.S. Businesses. The desired candidate will have demonstrated expertise and application of Agile methodologies, techniques, and frameworks (i.e. Scrum and Kanban), a high degree of emotional intelligence, a successful track record in driving bold business outcomes, exceptional facilitation skills, commitment to life-long learning and a mindset of relentless improvement.
The Scrum Master working closely with their team and the Release Train Engineer (RTE) will be a servant leader and a coach for Agile teams. Their goal will be to educate the teams on Agile principles and best practices, help them maximize their productivity and self-organize to achieve committed Program Increment objectives.
Day to day accountabilities will include:
- Demonstrate and encourage an Agile mindset while coaching the team on Agile principles and best practices
- Plan and facilitate team ceremonies including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demo, and retrospectives
- Coach and support the Product Owner to effectively manage the backlog and maximize business value
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
- Help manage risks, raise impediments, and facilitate their resolution
- Develop familiarity with the team’s objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate dependencies across multiple teams
- Lead team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques
- Represent the team at the Scrum-of-Scrum (SoS), collaborate with the RTE and other Scrum Masters to ensure execution alignment within the program
- Participate in Scrum Master Communities of Practices (CoP) to learn from and share experiences and apply learnings to improve team performance and grow within the role
- Actively champion Prudential’s migration to the New Way of Working (NWoW)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role required
- Adept at story writing, estimation, refinement, and other techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills to partner and interact with technical and business stakeholders; a “servant leader” mindset
- Exceptional communication skills, analytical, problem-solving skills, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Highly organized and motivated; a “can do” attitude
- Assertive with ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and be a change agent for the team
- Experience using Jira and Miro or similar tools strongly preferred
- Scrum Master certification a plus
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.