Analyst, Systems Development (R-107187)
Job Classification:Technology - Software Development/Quality Engineering
AMFM Actuarial Technology is seeking a Systems Developer Analyst for the Assumptions and Market Data Repository Team to help support and grow the internal applications; currently used by several Business Units across the enterprise. In this role, the associate will work within a cross functional team of System Developers and Business analysts to translate business requirements into application code to deliver solutions to our business partners in a timely manner. We are seeking an associate with strong technical skills and aptitude. The associate needs to be a self-motivated and energetic individual who can meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. The associate will have an opportunity to be involved in the full spectrum of project implementation, including but not limited to application design, test driven development, and DevOps integration to support CI/CD.
· Work on an agile Scrum team to understand business needs. Perform development and testing to deliver business functionality with quality.
· Contribute to software analysis and development activities
· Work closely with Tech Lead to ensure alignment with Technology strategy and best practices
· Ensure code quality is high by conducting testing using test automation best practices and Test Driven Development
· Learn about key Prudential systems and technologies that support financial platforms.
· Research problems discovered in testing or production with a strong sense of ownership and develop solutions to address the problems
· Collaborate with the team to stay abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be applied to Prudential
· Support change, help accelerate innovation
· Demonstrating experience with taking intelligent risks and leveraging a ‘test and learn’ mentality
· Committed to a spirit of authentic partnership – to colleagues both internal and external to the organization
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or experience in related fields
· Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
· Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and DevOps concepts
· Excellent problem-solving techniques
· Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
· Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
· Works well in a team
· A successful candidate will possess knowledge of the following:
o Experience with development tools and frameworks such as Java, Spring Boot, REST, Python
o Exposure to Oracle and Mongo databases and queries
o Exposure to microservice and web service architectures
o Exposure to event driven orchestrations and software configuration techniques
o Exposure to cloud computing concepts and technologies
o Exposure to monitoring and logging techniques
o Passion for learning new technologies-
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.