Perimeter & Edge Security Engineer (R-108021)
Job Classification:Technology - IT Infrastructure/Operations
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability, and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
The Data Protection Team is a diverse group working on multiple areas in the world of data protection, private and public cloud computing, software engineering, and layered security in the enterprise. The projects utilize many traditional and unique data protection methods for layered defense in depth to complete restructuring of frameworks and management of data protection.
The Data Protection Perimeter & Edge Security Engineer will collaboratively and holistically implement security controls aligned with enterprise goals.
- Collaborate with the data protection product owner and team to execute product vision & strategy
- Provide subject matter expertise in the Perimeter & Edge domain
- Provide timely subject matter expertise for critical decisions to execute goals
- Identify areas of opportunity, identify root cause, research, and provide resolution
- Architect, design, assess, and address data protection Perimeter & Edge strategies
- Influence multiple cross enterprise teams, agile sprint and release plans, ensure strategic alignment of epics, features, and stories, while identifying critical work to be prioritized
- Communicate effectively to key stakeholders and associates
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, results-based team environment
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices to meet quality/time to market targets
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise and execute multiple programs/projects simultaneously
- Core competencies in security hardening of infrastructure, platforms, and applications
- High degree of proficiency in developing target & current state architectures, identify gaps, build a roadmap for tactical phased implementations to achieve target state
- High degree of proficiency in conveying technical strategies and value designed for the target audience
- Ability to successfully participate in audit & compliance engagements and address regulatory requirements and remedial action plans
- Ability to use data and analysis to determine attack surfaces, remediation work effort, and governance to determine integrity and sustainability of controls
- Solid knowledge of industry trends, user demands, and pain points to be able to create a high value product vision
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross enterprise team in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Provide subject matter expertise in multiple domain focus areas including but not limited to:
- • Physical, virtual, and cloud implementations of; Firewalls, Proxies, WAFs, CASBs, DoS/DDoS mitigation, and enclave/segment security enforcement controls for both macro and micro segmentation.
- Experience with the following is a plus; Akamai, Imperva, Blue Coat, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper, AWS FW, Azure FW, Google FW, NSX
- Experience automating tasks with APIs or other coding languages a plus.
- This will be a hands-on role and the candidate must feel comfortable working with the technology in a production environment
- 7+ years working in a network security role
- 3+ years of experience working in or supporting telecommunications, financial services, insurance services, government, or a similar regulated environment
- Professional security and/or technology certifications preferred
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.