What you'll do...
Provides direction to the financial planning process by preparing financial analysis and modeling; recommending future expense targets; and planningand analyzing business performance in partnership with cross-functional areas.Collaborates with senior management to plan and analyze business performance by identifying gaps between business goals and corporateobjectives; providing feedback to management regarding risks associated with financial projects; supporting business unit budget process; andproviding insight on relevant historical trends, expected future events, and retail trends.Manages complex control structures to mitigate risk of financial misstatement by examining and monitoring at different stages; guiding cross-functionalteams to develop new processes; ensuring proper controls are present in new and existing financial functions; and working to enhancereporting transparency of company financial systems.Provides input for business decisions by producing complex financial models that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks;participating in business case presentations to senior and executive management; and communicating forecasts, assumptions, and variances tosenior management.Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating businessplans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuringprogress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based workenvironment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coachingfor success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction toothers in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with businesspartners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 3 years' experience in accounting, finance, or relevant area OR 5 years' experience
in accounting, finance, or related area.
1 year's experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Analyzing data and interpreting results, Microsoft Office, Supervisory experience
Masters: Business Administration
3501 Brandon Road, Joliet, IL 60436, United States of America