What you'll do...
Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause);engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, WebOperations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functionalpartnership.
Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change, Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer, Customer Focus
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America