Principal Software Engineer, POS NextGen Platform (8261_R-1022274)
- Reduces customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards; measuring sales loss and performing root cause analysis; publishing results; and developing a future prevention plan.
- Develops and executes technical software development strategy for Store applications and systems using current business roadmap by analyzing competitive trends and patterns; analyzing the technology landscape; evaluating short and long-term implications, and communicating strategies and change initiatives.
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving the agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
- Ensures product quality by developing and executing quality assurance plan; using data and experience to determine customer needs; directing continuous improvement and eliminating non-value-added work; measuring milestones for quality; and developing mitigation plans to ensure quality.
- Executes engineering projects by developing resource planning for business roadmaps in advance; removing barriers to success; ensuring others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time needed to succeed; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; reviewing project progress against timeline; and developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Judgment: Make Sound Judgments - Uses objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices. Analyzes and integrates trends and patterns to determine the root causes of problems and identify solutions. Evaluates short- and long-term implications of decisions. Accurately forecasts growth, costs, and business challenges.
- Customer/Member Centered: Promote a Customer/Member-Focused Environment - Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences. Combines experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs. Develops and implements initiatives, practices, and plans to capitalize on customer/member-focused growth and improvement opportunities. Ensures the removal of barriers to delivering exceptional customer/member value, service, and support.
- Execution and Results: Optimize Execution and Results - Uses the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success. Creates an environment where associates are held accountable for achieving goals and results. Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure the accomplishment of critical results. Makes sure desired change initiatives and priorities are implemented appropriately.
- Planning and Improvement: Advocate Planning and Continuous Improvement - Sets and communicates clear and aligned goals, monitors progress, and ensures leaders in their organization do the same. Develops and implements plans and practices to ensure others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to succeed. Develops and upgrades work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies, where appropriate. Sponsors continuous improvement and elimination of non-value-added work. Embraces, values, and implements diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Influence and Communicate: Inspire Commitment - Develops and communicates logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives. Builds diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational changes, goals, and priorities. Ensures strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information is communicated in clear and compelling ways. Listens to, leverages, and promotes the diverse ideas, perspectives, and contributions of others across the business.
- Ethics and Compliance: Promote Ethics and Compliance - Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norms. Identifies opportunities and takes action to enhance compliance. Ensures associates receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate Adaptability - Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices). Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Sponsors programs and initiatives to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
- Strategy: Think and Act Strategically - Creates strategies for own organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities. Pursues initiatives, investments, and opportunities that fit with and support company strategies. Assesses deliverables against leading industry practices and implements plans that leverage company advantages. Works through different strategic options and determines their intended and unintended implications, and applies to business planning.
- Social Responsibility and Reputation: Promote Reputation and Social Responsibility - Proactively leads volunteer activities, programs, and initiatives to improve the community. Seeks and maintains external relationships and alliances, strengthening the company's impact on and reputation in the community. Serves as a credible spokesperson, representative, and sponsor of the company to the public and the community.
- Talent: Assess and Improve Talent - Develops talent and replacement plans for own organization that increases effectiveness, build diversity, and enhance bench strength. Identifies, utilizes, and integrates associates' strengths to produce improved results. Creates an environment where people process (for example, performance management, development) are used effectively to improve associate performance and achieve desired results throughout their organization. Mentors, guides, and sponsors the development of key talent.
- Build Relationships: Build Internal and External Relationships - Builds and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals. Sponsors initiatives and programs that promote respect for, interest in, and support of associates. Ensures associates are treated in an accepting, respectful manner.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you:
- Have years of hands-on engineering technology and architecture experiences in one or multiple areas: Mobile & Web Front End Technologies, CI/CD, Automation, Container Orchestration, Private and Public Clouds (Azure, GCP), Networking, AI/ML, Data/Analytics, Domain Driven Micro-Services, Event driven technology, etc.
- Are well versed in architecture disciplines and designed high performance, large scalable, and resilient enterprise systems
- Evaluated, assessed and recommended enterprise-wide cutting edge technology components
- Expertise in building scalable solutions with various technologies like Java, React, Node, Spring, Kotlin, Swift, GO, Python, Kafka, Azure, GCP, Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK, etc.
- Are a passionate technologist and abreast with industry trends and innovation
- Defined reusable and proven patterns, frameworks, reference models to drive Engineering and Architecture quality and speed
- Trained and mentored junior architects and engineers
- Can lead to influence, inspire, and impact
You'll make an impact by:
- Providing thought leadership and defining technology strategies
- Being an admired subject matter expert in one or multiple technology areas
- Directing and reviewing architectural artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes, architectural design) and providing valuable recommendations for improvements
- Advising or conducting POCs to vet out new technologies
- Driving for Architecture, Engineering, and Technology excellence
- Big-picture and strategic thinking
- Prioritizing, focusing, and delivering tangible results
- Delivering with agility, urgency, and quality
- Building trust and credibility quickly with Sr. Leadership and stakeholders
- Being a self-starter, with a positive and Can-Do Spirit
- Being bold and taking calculated risks
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America