Manager II, Systems Engineering (8261_R-978005)
- 8 to 12 years of experience supporting infrastructure in a high volume of customer-facing environment
- Capability to program in at least one language, ideally Python or Perl, but Ruby, C/C++, Java, or others are okay
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- Strong knowledge of core protocols and tech such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, key-value and relational databases
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience with specific software such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, and similar technologies is desirable, but the ability to quickly learn new technology is most important
- Capable of technical deep dives into code, networking, systems, and storage with very bright, experienced engineers
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- Logging and Monitoring experience designing, deploying, and running systems like Splunk, ELK, New Relic or other APM solutions
- Work with product delivery teams to identify architectural issues and ensure timely and smooth delivery of features into operations.
- Identify gaps in processes, skills, tooling, technology choices and work with upper management to drive improvements within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence architectural and process level change in the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Build and Maintain Walmart's next generation of infrastructure Platform
- Administration of production infrastructure
- Drive improvements in all aspects of service delivery, including change management, continuous delivery, security, monitoring and reliability Database administration in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment which include e-commerce, accounting, warehouse management and decision support systems
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
- Design, implement, and support high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Improve the efficiency and flexibility of our data centers
- Build and maintain models for growth and capacity planning
- Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks
- Participate in new technology evaluation, design, and development of highly scalable distributed databases
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward, getting ahead of our customers' needs, getting people incentivized to transform, innovate, and continually improve
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 4 years' systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years' systems engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years' of experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America