(USA) Manager II, Advanced Analytics (8261_R-1010777)
- Develop and improve upon our methodology for managing inventory, replenishment, forecasting, S&OP and end to end supply chain using big-data (SQL, Google Big Query, HIVE, Teradata, KNIME) and statistical modeling tools (R, Python) to plan and optimize the Supply Chain to improve key inventory drivers.
- Build and manage parts of algorithmic products/models. Ensures segment aligns with overall product goals. Develop mathematical models to build data-driven decision-making systems for inventory optimization and allocation, improving the Supply Chain performance.
- Build advanced statistical models to determine optimal key business parameters, such as ordering cadence, service level and desired safety stock for an item. Apply machine learning algorithms to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Apply decision tree models, coupled with machine learning models and incorporating business insights, to improve accuracy of Forecasting Product demand in [Register to View] supply chain. Create supervised and unsupervised learning models to forecast demand for product that are completely new to Walmart.com.
- Accurately capture defects within Forecasting and Operations to understand correlations using statistical inference to drive key enterprise metrics. Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams and individual projects within a business area to drive business results and value. Execute on exploratory and scenario analysis to shape future products. Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions.
- Solve and formulate multi-objective integer/linear programming optimization problems to improve key performance metrics and drive down cost across Walmart's supply chain.
- Provide insightful analysis and make recommendations to management regarding cost savings and/or profitability improvement strategies; Work with operational management to identify areas of improvement and perform other special duties & projects.
- Improve and automate replenishment ordering model by analyzing several key inputs across the supply chain. Consolidate big data sets with millions of records, determine the optimal inventory order quantity to balance customer experience and company's operating costs.
- Analyze complex data in Teradata, Hive & Hadoop to identify patterns, detect anomalies in inbound vendor performance data using statistical tools and provide recommendations on fixes to the Engineering Team. Use big data languages such as Hive and Spark to query business data and reorganize them into usable formats for analytics use.
- Use SQL and Excel to build automated ordering processes which include collecting inventory and sales data, analyzing future demand and calculating final order quantity using statistical formulas
- Analyze large quantities of data such as inventory, transportation and fulfillment data to help the Supply Chain team and other parts of the organization make decisions that drive value.
- Design important business metrics, use Looker and Tableau to build data visualization dashboards and custom business intelligence reports.
- Conduct Ad-hoc analysis per requests from senior management.
Data Collection & Reporting (15%):
- Address complex business problems by working with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions. Develop metrics to monitor and quantify the impact of changes. In-depth investigation of key drivers.
- Generate insights for supply chain optimization utilizing SQL (with data manipulation through Python and R) and create business critical dashboards in Tableau, targeted at driving improved experience for customers.
- Develop data visualization and reports for key metrics in Supply Chain inventory management: Item In-stock, Inventory Turns, Purchase Order Visibility, Forecasts, etc. These reports help executive leadership to track business performance and drives process improvement initiatives.
- Design and build scalable data pipelines across data warehouses (PostgreSQL, Teradata, Hive, etc.) using SQL to efficiently maintain years of historical data and allow analysts to easily access the data for analyses and modeling. Create data tables using Structured Query Language (SQL) in Teradata or Google Cloud Server to collect inbound transaction data to measure Forecast Accuracy.
- Automate and manage reporting/analysis. Optimize complex analysis by building dashboards in Tableau for visualizing status quo and trends of vendor performance for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to apply established and new analytical processes on diverse data sets to deduce insights and solve business/operational problems.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency or performance.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service. Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Work with leadership/business partners to discuss and understand goals/functional objectives and key business challenges to develop hypotheses around current and future business issues.
- Identify functional analytics and research objectives and develops tactical research plans. Provide guidance to leadership and advises on next steps based on insights objectives and research. Present actionable recommendations to inform strategic and tactical functional initiatives. Provide and support the implementation of business solutions.
- Prepare executive presentation to communicate strategic recommendations to business management, based on research and data analysis. Support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, Categories, Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for workstreams and individual projects for business area. Interfaces with external business partners and suppliers.
Project Management (20%):
- Owns workstreams and individual projects end-to-end. Manages risk associated with implementation. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments.
- Gain understanding of sometimes unarticulated business needs, translate strategic initiatives into detailed project specifications, and work with various teams to catalyze product development. They will be responsible for presenting their findings and lead meetings to guide business decisions.
- Proof of Concept: Generates new ideas as an output of research, applies knowledge to come up with new information and contributes to proof-of-concepts for projects. Manages the development and implementation of prototypes and production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams and individual projects. Manages the testing and validation process to monitor the solution. Collaborates with Advanced Analytics experts to develop new data analysis techniques.
- Strategy: Design scalable workflows and tools to automate processes that would otherwise be manual and time-consuming. Support project roadmaps and lead thinking on change improvements to existing business. Serve as an internal and external evangelist for the business they support.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
People Management (10%):
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Coach team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Mentors and supports training for less experienced associates.
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Ideal Candidate would:
- Have experience programming in R or Python Google Big Query, and SQL.
- Have experience working with large datasets, finding insights, and telling stories using data
- Can effectively communicate through data using clear and concise summary
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision
- Optimization experience is a plus
- Knowledge of supply chain, inventory management is a plus
- Prior experience in retail and ecommerce is a plus
- Positive can do attitude and curiosity to learn
- Expert at SQL and Excel - ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
- Strong business acumen and scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with VBA, R, Python, Google Big Query, Looker, Tableau, KNIME, SAS, MATLAB or other data analysis/visualization tools
- Structured and organized thinker who can drive analytical projects to completion with minimal direction; intense analytical ability, attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America