(USA) Staff Software Engr
- Design, develop, launch, sustenance and modernization of the P13N Interleaving Platform for running faster experimentation of the Ranking algorithms used across personalized recommendations. This system is expected to improve the number of experiments being tested multi-fold, and also able to identify the best performing ranking algorithms for eventual A/B testing.
- Design and development of Real Time Inference System which will be used for deploying deep learning models or traditional ML models and run inferences on-demand at low latency. This system should be capable of scaling horizontally and will be deployed onto kubernetes based cluster and also uses Nvidia Triton Inference server to run models. This platform will be capable of supporting different backends like TensorRT, TensorFlow, PyTorch, ONNX and Custom. This Real Time Inference system plays a very important role in providing recommendations based on current user context like recently viewed items and also current user intent.
- Mentor and grow team members while working in an agile environment and also ensure best engineering practices are followed.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're experienced with building real time inference systems for deploying deep learning or traditional ML models.
- Proficient in building scalable Microservices using Spring framework.
- Strong Expertise in Java, Object Oriented & Functional Programming, Design Patterns.
- In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Proficient with event driven architecture using Kafka.
- Advanced knowledge of complex software design, distributed system design, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge in container and cloud native technologies - Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Maven.
- Strong expertise with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP.
- Experience in monitoring production system and using different systems like Grafana, Prometheus.
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new technologies.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices, and Agile Software Development.
- You have experience working on ranking, online advertising, recommender systems, ecommerce, or relevant areas.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field and 7 years' experience. Option 2: Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field and 5 years' experience in an related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position.
- Experience building and maintaining large scale systems in ranking, online advertising, recommender systems, ecommerce or relevant areas.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and alerting solutions like Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk.
- Familiar with public cloud technologies in Azure or GCP especially AKS or GKE.
- Experience working with Triton Inference Server.
- Experience with developing Restful APIs using Python and Flask.
- Knowledge on how A/B testing platform works.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America