2023 Summer Intern: Accounting and Finance Development Program (AFDP) Corporate Graduate Intern - Exempt (8261_R-1040421)
Endless opportunities abound at the Fortune 1 Company to jump start your post-college career via the summer internship in the Accounting & Finance Development Program (AFDP). We are searching for exceptional students with leadership potential, to not only participate in the internship, but who also have interest in a full-time position in the exclusive two-year rotational program, upon graduation. Each year, only the top candidates are selected to receive an invitation to join the AFDP Program, to launch their career in an accelerated development program that places them on a career fast track at the world’s largest retailer. Participants in the full-time program also have the opportunity to be selected for an in-market international rotation. Opportunities exist for rotations on the West coast at our eCommerce complex in Silicon Valley near San Francisco or at the [Register to View] office near New York City.The InternshipThe opportunity begins with the internship, which is the gateway into the full-time AFDP Program. During the fast-paced 10-week internship, opportunities exist to work on challenging and innovative strategically-relevant projects that will drive our business forward, and impact not only the business, but our customers. Through hands-on experience, you’ll learn how to immediately navigate and own a project, while working in a dynamic team environment. Finance and accounting experience can be gained through an internship on a team in Strategy, Operations, Merchandising, Treasury, Tax, Controller’s Office, Supply Chain, Marketing, Real Estate, and Forecasting, Planning & Analysis (FP&A).The ExperienceThere is no substitute for feet-on-the-ground experience.
- You will experience culture-in-action by participating in the Walmart Annual Shareholders’ Meeting and other events with Walmart associates from around the world.
- You’ll also benefit from leadership development, professional mentorship and technical training.
- Finance and accounting interns have exclusive exposure to the Senior Walmart Leaders, including CEO/CFO-level executives. One highlight of the summer is the intern lunch hosted by the CFO, exclusively for the finance and accounting interns.
- Life-long relationships will be developed with other interns through company-wide events sponsored by the Corporate Intern Program. i.e. Community Volunteering, Distribution Center Tours, Store Tours, Community Events and our annual softball game against the executives. These activities allow you to learn more about Walmart and socialize with interns from across the company.
- You must demonstrate the ability to grasp concepts quickly and make your presence felt.
- Intellectual curiosity is essential, as you have 10 weeks to be a student-of-retail, while adding value to your team.
- Your style must be forward and persuasive as you’re asked to solve problems with a high degree of complexity and ambiguity.
- Throughout the summer, you will be evaluated based on your performance across five metrics: Critical Thinking, Analytical Ability, Interaction/Communication, Leadership and Potential.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America