Senior Manager II, Controllership - External Financial Reporting (8261_R-1033965)
- The Senior Manager II - External Financial Reporting reports to the Director of Financial Reporting and collaborates very closely with a team of 5-6 associates in supporting our external SEC filings. This is a tight-knit team that works together in achieving our goals. We work with other teams within the Global Controllership, including Consolidations, Technical and others, as well as Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Treasury and Segment Accounting and Finance teams. This role has high visibility to executive leadership and tons of growth potential!
- This is a highly visible role, which includes working closely with the Chief Accounting Officer and other executives. You will gain perspective on how the CEO and CFO view the business and will get to see the business from a bird's-eye view.
- This role works cross-functionally across the organization and provides the opportunity to supervise and develop other associates on the team.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- You are a CPA with at least 6 years progressively responsible experience, including 4+ years in public accounting with a large firm
- You have exceptional knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- You possess the ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage well through tight deadlines and competing priorities
- You are extremely detail oriented, accurate and inquisitive
- You have experience using Word, Excel, Outlook
- You are an excellent communicator, written and verbal
- You are a team player
- You are proficient in Wdesk (Workiva) or similar for reporting 10-Qs, 10-K, and 8-Ks, including working knowledge of XBRL
- You have working knowledge of ERP and consolidation systems
- You have demonstrated experience working and collaborating cross-functionally and multi-nationally
- You are a proven self-starter
- You are a storyteller - a expert at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals
- You have high standards and can hold business partners accountable
- You are stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You'll make an impact by:
- Completing timely SEC filings, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, and 8-Ks in accordance with SEC and US GAAP requirements
- Reviewing and distributing internal monthly financials for executive management
- Reviewing disclosure checklists supporting 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Reviewing XBRL tagging of information filed with the SEC
- Ensuring compliance with non-GAAP measures in earnings materials
- Creating and maintaining calendars/checklists to inform parties of necessary responsibilities and deadlines related to 10-Q/10-K filings, including all certifications and representations
- Supporting worldwide external audit and quarterly filing process through analysis and compilation of data on a quarterly and annual basis
- Communicating disclosure requirements to global controllership, including coordinating data requests
- Partnering with legal counsel and investor relations to ensure accuracy and completeness of external communications
- Supporting SOX compliance process
- Reviewing weighted average shares calculation for EPS and maintain/calculate EPS adjustments
- Providing interpretation and governance of financial reporting disclosure policies
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America