Senior Director, Segment Learning Partner - Sam's Club (8261_R-1051664)
- Determines critical future Sam's Club operations capabilities and builds learning strategies to ensure a ready workforce
- Recommends which programs and courses to continue/discontinue across segment
- Determines segment learning team objectives and metrics aligned to the business strategy
- Hires and performance manages a team
- Serves as the Operations learning partner, embedded in the business to identify problems to be addressed through Academy Learning
- Translates Academy programs & models into reality for their segment operations, leading change management & customization where required
- Uses data to provide insights to leaders on why associates (and thereby operations) are performing or underperforming, and aligns on learning-related solutions to shift associate behavior, continually monitoring data to assess effectiveness of learning solutions
- Leverages data to determine program and course effectiveness and makes decisions when to cancel/replace with higher impact learning
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to the design, development and deployment of Sam's Club learning programs within the clubs
- Works closely with business leaders, People Partners, L&L and Talent Partners to project capabilities associates will need as technologies, business practices, and retail rapidly change
- Drives new organizational learning goals and leadership ownership of learning, shifting the focus from development of processes and skills (check the box activities) to the development of mindsets and capabilities that help associates perform now and adapt smoothly in the future
- Partners with the Instructional Design and Digital learning teams to transform learning methods, making them more experiential and immediate to when and where it is needed in the flow-of-work with emphasis on peer-2-peer learning where possible; delivering consumer-grade learning just-in-time where appropriate as well as key associate milestones
- Ensures the democratization of Academy programs, particularly those that build strong managers and leaders, partnering with the Leadership Academy to ensure content fits the functions' audience and provides the targeted outcomes of improved associate engagement
- Reduces duplicative effort developing learning in silos - working with peers in the Operations & SC learning team that actively looks for opportunities to build common solutions, and is adept at minimizing the need for adaptive/unique segment solutions
- Leads the dissemination of communication within Sam's Club of Academy products
- Conducts needs analysis with clubs, market, regional and executive leaders - identifying what is likely common and bubbling up for a shared solution or, if business-specific, working with Learning Services to design a solution
- Participates with Academy leaders & non-Academy teams in Community of practice and champions enterprise POV to optimize learning efficiency, upskill learning community and embed Academy products into segment business and talent processes.
- 10+ years experience in roles driving organizational change and large-scale program adoption in complex environments
- Proven experience diagnosing organizational performance improvement needs and determining the appropriate development measures
- 5+ years experience in global project management leadership roles
- Degree in Organizational Development, Human Performance, Communications or related degree; Masters highly preferred
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.
About Northwest Arkansas
Walmart's global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
- NWA Location Video
- Bentonville Restaurant Guide - Food Network
- Visit Bentonville
- NWA Council Regions Rankings
- Walmart New Home Office - Corp Walmart
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, communications or related field and 8 years' experience in human resources (HRBP, Talent Management or D&I role), business, or related area.
Option 2: 10 years' experience in roles driving organizational change and large-scale program adoption in complex environments, or related area.
8 years' supervisory experience
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Prior experience leading or delivering large-scale, organization-wide learning and pipeline development programs, diagnosing organizational performance improvement needs and determining the appropriate development measures, Project management experience
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Communication, Masters: Human Resources, Masters: Organization Development
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America