Senior Manager I, Real Estate and Portfolio Management - Real Estate (8261_R-1055236)
- Managing all property management related issues of a territory of operating stores working cross functionally with other departments in real estate
- analyzing leases and restrictive documents for each site to determine if we need third party approvals to complete new initiatives at existing stores and obtaining any approvals required
- Communicating with landlords or third parties to resolve maintenance issues outside of Walmart's maintenance responsibilities
- addressing violations issued by jurisdictions
- supporting stores that need seasonal real estate support in the form of warehouses or temporary licenses
- evaluating, leveraging, and responding to a wide range of third-party requests including easements, curb cuts, waivers of restrictive documents, condemnations, and license agreements
- Influencing and implementing a strategy for land dispositions by negotiating and presenting deals to executive leadership
- Negotiating and presenting vacant building lease terminations or subleases
Supports real estate transactions and deal initiations for assigned geographic area by gathering and synthesizing data (for example, demographics, consumer behavior trends, competition); supporting the identification of site selection and asset sale options appropriate for non-complex opportunities; providing site selection and asset sale insights to leadership; evaluating and communicating business impact of project decisions (for example, site selection, property management options, disposition); developing project recommendations on business decisions based on analysis; and aligning project plans and the sub-market portfolio strategy and communicating alignment to leadership (for example, Regional Vice Presidents, Real Estate Executive Committee (REC).
Manages realty projects by working with consultants (for example, engineers, zoning attorneys, brokers); managing project risk, timeline, and sunk cost (for example, understanding the project risk, timing of delivery, costs spent to date); conducting project reports and communicating results to leadership; attending governmental approval meetings and acquiring advice from legal and public affairs consultants; complying with internal and external transaction regulations (for example, Sarbanes-Oxley regulations, re-approval guidelines); assessing project alignment with overall portfolio and identifying concerns; analyzing and recommending project status (for example, work-to-date) in order to seek approvals; and understanding milestone objectives and managing their completion.
Executes the property management of operating portfolio by developing recommendations on improving site appearances and increasing sales growth potential and communicating them to leadership; negotiating subleases, terminations, and purchase options; analyzing use restrictions and approving store uses to contribute to income generation for properties; conducting site visits; participating in contract negotiations (for example, leases, easements, license agreements) with prospective business partners and third parties; managing third-parties and addressing issues; and securing approvals for property management recommendations.
Manages projects for real estate transactions and deal initiations for assigned geographic area by analyzing data (for example, demographics, consumer behavior trends, competition); identifying site selection and asset sale options appropriate for non-complex markets; conducting site selection and asset sale analysis; evaluating the financial impact of projects (for example, budget, impacts, timing, lease expirations); providing recommendations on business decisions based on data; and supporting recommendation development on non-complex sales and site selection projects for leadership (for example, Regional Vice Presidents, Real Estate Executive Committee (REC).
Supports realty and property closings for assigned geographic area by adhering to the approval process for projects with internal business partners; collaborating with other departments (for example, Store Planning, Legal, Health and Wellness) to understand legal and economic impact of closing decisions; collecting real estate documents (for example, leases, loan documents, property condition reports); analyzing real estate documents to ensure projects are within parameters; preparing required materials for transaction (for example, financials, internal memos, updated site plans); evaluating realty decisions (for example, pricing, rent, renewals, disposition) based on market studies and appraisals and managing decision impact; and supporting internal key stakeholder committee presentations (for example, Realty Committee, Internal Rate of Return (IRR) Committee, Real Estate Executive Committee) to gain approval.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Sciences, Engineering, or related field and 3 years' experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related field OR 5 years' experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Commodity Portfolio Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Responsible for third party vendor relationships
Doctorate: Law, Masters: Business Administration
2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America