Staff Data Scientist (8261_R-1043096)
- Working together with a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers to develop, implement, and test scalable solutions for marketing intelligence domain.
- Consult with business stakeholders across stores and e-commerce businesses regarding algorithm-based recommendations and be a thought-leader to develop these into business actions.
- Mentor junior members and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Manage the continuous improvement of data science and machine learning led initiatives by following industry best practices and staying up-to-date with and extending the state-of-the-art in data science research.
- Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a technically strong and high performing individual with expertise in machine learning and deep learning technologies, excellent communication skills, proven analytical skills and strong customer focus. You stay updated with latest research and technology ideas, and have a passion to utilize innovative ways to solve problems. You are a good story-teller and able to simply articulate the intricacies of your models as well as explain your results clearly to stakeholders.
- Masters degree with 8+ years of relevant experience OR PhD with > 5+ years of relevant experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or a related field
- Hands-on experience in NLP, machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners to build end to end solutions
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America