Manager I, Product Management (8261_R-1050853)
- Become a top product manager focusing on instore online fulfillment. Develop and champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives by using customer and market research, user feedback, customer usage, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements; and working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
- Own part of the product roadmap and influences stakeholders while driving the product discovery process by collaborating with the Business, User Experience, and Engineering Teams during discovery to assess value, usability, and feasibility of product features; specifying, prioritizing, and communicating high level and detailed product specifications; and using written specifications, business rules, flows, cases, and user experience generated deliverables
- Support Engineering and Project Management during implementation to answer questions and make scope trade off decisions; working closely with the business stakeholders to launch products and ensure their adoption; coordinating post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and associates can utilize
- Manage close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer and user comments and needs; and defining, tracking, and improving key product metrics.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- Adapt to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans.
Who are you:
• You are extremely talented with a drive to learn, grow and solve tough problems at scale.
• You have great written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders.
• You have experience driving the full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, and prioritizing features
• You are a proactive problem-solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• You have a "customer first" approach to solving problems, grounded in deep user empathy.
• You love the more technical and analytical aspects of product management.
Good to have:
• Though technical, you also have great product & design sense and can tie platform deliverables to real-world customer benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
• Product Management knowledge or retail experience.
• Self-directed, well-organized, and proactive.
• Strong organizational, and execution skills.
• Positive attitude, sense of humor, and growth mindset.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 1 years' experience in product management, project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related field OR 3 years' experience in project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related fields.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America