Portfolio Risk Surveillance Analyst (Hybrid) - Entry Level (R-108641)
Job Classification:Corporate - Legal and Compliance
PGIM Fixed Income, a division of PGIM Inc., an SEC-registered investment adviser and a business unit of Prudential Financial, Inc. is seeking a Portfolio Risk Surveillance Analyst. PGIM Fixed Income has over $900 billion in assets under management across a broad array of fixed income strategies and client types including institutional separate accounts, sub-advised mutual funds, CLOs, offshore commingled and separate client accounts. PGIM Fixed Income has a strong commitment to its customers, including mutual fund investors, corporations, public retirement funds, Taft-Hartley plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, foundations, and endowments.
The Portfolio Risk Surveillance Analyst role is a member of the Investment Guidelines Team which is embedded directly in the PGIM Fixed Income business and interacts with Trading, Client Services, and Operations on a daily basis. The Investment Guidelines Team is responsible for ensuring that PGIM Fixed Income portfolios are managed in accordance with applicable regulatory, internal, and contractual requirements. The Investment Guidelines Team utilizes BlackRock Solution’s Aladdin investment management platform as the primary compliance monitoring system. This is a challenging, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment, which requires excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Monitor automated fixed income portfolio investment guidelines using Aladdin as well as manual processes where required
- Research potential violations by partnering with Data, Client Service, Portfolio Management and Operations teams as needed
- Prepare client certifications and other reporting
- Respond to ad hoc compliance requests regarding portfolios and trading
- Work on various transformation projects
- Knowledge of financial markets and ability to learn the nuances of fixed income markets
- Interest or experience with the BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin system or comparable technology skills such as advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. VBA), SQL, Python, Perl, etc is a plus but NOT required
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to gather and draw actionable conclusions from that data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Openness to new ideas and seeks opportunities to learn
- Professional skepticism in assessing appropriateness, objectivity and independence
- Understands key business risks, marketplace and regulatory environment
- Establishes themselves as credible voice at the table
- Leads organizational transformation in areas of effectiveness and improvement
- Ability to think beyond a problem on its face
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has the dexterity to adjust as needed
- Understands the complexities and nuances of a global environment
- Seeks to understand customer’s needs and challenges
- Collaborates in a fully inclusive and open manner
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.