Business Operations Manager I (Growth Ops & Business Insights) (8261_R-1061065)
BUSINESS OPERATIONS (GROWTH OPERATIONS) MANAGER I
The Business Operations organization at the Walmart Connect (WMC) works across teams to drive cross-functional alignment and enable growth and scalability of the business. We are the internal problem solvers of the organization, and we lead and drive strategic decision-making and execution of strategic initiatives across the entire company.
As our Business Intelligence Manager, you’ll report to the Sr. Manager - Growth Ops and Business Insights and. be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig into our raw data to build an infrastructure that business users can understand In this role you will be an end-to-end owner of large datasets and will rely on your data visualization, storytelling, and business operations skills to surface actionable insights that solve complex business problems and shape the future of retail and retail media.
The ideal candidate will have a dual passion for both business operations and business intelligence and have the expertise to harness big data in the most powerful of ways.
This role is a cross functional role working with Sales, Product, Optimization, Finance, and Business Operations. You will be an inspirational champion of data for WMC Biz Ops and partner with key stakeholders to source, document, and translate user requirements into an actionable BI product roadmap with a bias towards business value creation.
We're blushing. Some of our favorite press links:
Who will love this job:
• A data junky - you love compiling data to show progress and guide decision making
• A doer - you thrive in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
• A creative problem solver - you have the ability to think outside of the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
• An organizer - you have superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute a plan in a methodical, structured way
• Someone who loves moving at a fast pace - Desire to be a part of one of a fast-growing technology startup where the only constant is change
What you’ll do:
• Monitor ongoing performance of the WMC business through detailed data collection, analysis and reporting of accurate financial and operational KPIs and metrics
• Build common data models in Power BI to be used by both business and operations user groups to observe business opportunities, orient leadership teams, decide amongst tradeoffs, and implement actions in ways that create value for WMC
• Ad hoc financial modeling, analysis and reporting, as required
• Support cross functional strategic and operational data driven analyses and insights
• Support business operations leaders run executive and companywide reporting forums
• Partner with Biz Ops teams to analyze existing operational processes and identify opportunities to streamline or automate
• Develop an ecosystem of high-impact, automated, reports
• Own tableau-based executive dashboards
• Lead taxonomy standardization and streamline key hierarchies across
Walmart Connect Ops
• Build out internal resources for onboarding, supporting, and training the company on data sets and tools
What you should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field. Or, alternatively, possess 5 + years of professional experiencing working directly with big datasets
• 3 + years of business intelligence and / or analytics experience
• Expert proficiency in all facets of Power BI
• Experience with data pipeline design, master data management, reporting, data warehousing, data modeling, and table design
• Advanced SQL, VBA, M, and DAX skills
• Experience working with third party Power BI tools, including Tabular Editor, ALM Toolkit, and DAX Studio
• Experience working with Google Big Query/Google Cloud Platform
• Knowledge of Microsoft Tools and Systems
• Intermediate skills in Tableau – Build and use dashboards for reporting and analysis
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and, at times, challenging environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
• Must work well in cross functional settings and be comfortable driving strategic conversations across the organization; team player.
• Superb attention to detail and a strong commitment to data integrity
• Knowing Python or a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata is a plus
• Can transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates
• The ability to let the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in and across large matrixed cross-functional organizations
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experiencePreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America