Senior Director I, Operations, eComm Strategic Initiatives (8261_R-1059662)
- You understand how customers shop online... and use strategic thinking and innovation to create a truly frictionless and engaging online shopping experience and help drive our eCommerce business.
- You're a visionary... constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition, spotting new and innovative technology that can make shopping experience easy, convenient, and fun.
- You're a strategic problem-solver... breaking down complex and ambiguous issues, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing and communicating recommendations.
- You're an inspiring communicator... leading broad strategic initiatives isn't easy, but you educate and motivate others to move forward through effective structured communication and storytelling.
- You build trust quickly & lead by influence... creating sustainable business impact through cross-functional partnership, as well as end-to-end ownership.
- You use data and insights... to make informed and impactful decisions and know how to translate complex information into user-friendly insights, influencing business strategy and driving action.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
You'll make an impact by:
- Setting strategic direction for eCommerce business by defining, prioritizing and driving high-impact strategic initiatives and site strategies that influence the overall direction for the site, improve the end-to-end customer journey, drive innovation and growth, and help us win customers' hearts and minds.
- Becoming an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders by advising on and partnering with various internal teams to identify opportunities, solve business problems, improve processes, and scale best practices & governance
- Structuring complex and ambiguous strategic problems - understanding and clearly articulating the core of the issues and potential options to solve them, developing hypotheses and executing in-depth analyses to test them, both with data and qualitative analysis, translating outcomes into actionable insights and recommendations
- Communicating effectively to achieve leadership support and influencing large groups of cross-functional stakeholders across Site Operations, Product, Marketing, Merchandising and more.
- Building a stellar team, and helping them develop and grow their career at Walmart
- Successfully navigating in ambiguous environments , with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, in pursuit of end-to-end improvement and growth of our eCommerce business.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years related experience in Consulting, Business Operations, Product Management, Site Merchandising, or related field
- Master's Degree in Business or related field, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in consumer-focused retail and/or e-commerce environment
- Strong customer obsession focused on building the right site experience for our customer
- Strategic mindset with ability to drive large-scale projects to define process and ways of working through multiple functions and teams
- Self-starter with analytical skills, able to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement, assesses viable solutions, and develops and executes complex projects and comprehensive action plans
- Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals
- Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions
- Highly organized and self-motivated with distinctive problem-solving capabilities
- Able to deal tactfully, respectfully, and effectively with a diverse array of individuals; develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate
- Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities.
- Equally comfortable devising strategic initiatives and operationalizing tactical projects
- Willing both to get your hands dirty and to liaise indirectly with teams
- Aware of what needs doing and keen to make it happen, however big or small
- Ability to manage and influence direct and indirect reports
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 6 years' experience in operations, project
management, or related area OR 8 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area.
4 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Operations Management
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America