Sam's Club Data Scientist
- Advising on analysis and modeling techniques, selecting the best fit for structured & unstructured, complex data, and developing custom analytics models to generate insights that drive value for our customers and unlock competitive advantage for our organization
- Collaborating with our data engineers to gather the right information from our various sources so that you can implement advanced statistical methodologies and design interventions to optimize how our business can best perform
- Conducting exploratory analysis including hypothesis testing, statistical inference, and statistical analysis (predictive and/or prescriptive)
- Partnering with business and technical stakeholders to translate challenging retail business problems into state-of-the-art data science solutions
- Developing processes and tools that monitor, analyze and continuously improve model performance and data accuracy
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You're an inquisitive, out-of-the box thinker who's continually on the lookout for opportunities to improve and innovate data science solutions
- You have consistently high standards, your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
- You have the courage to fail fast
- You have proven ability as a full stack data scientist who develops, optimizes, and scales models for the production environment
- You connect the how and why, using your knowledge of data science theories and methodologies to derive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose
- You have a proven ability with statistical methods and advanced modelling techniques (e.g., SVM, Random Forest, Bayesian inference, graph models, NLP, Computer Vision, neural networks, etc.)
- You're experienced with languages used to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets (e.g. Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- You're proficient using database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- You have experience with Spark, Hive and TensorFlow etc.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics or related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
835 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DRIVE NW, ATLANTA, GA 30314-3602, United States of America