Staff Software Engineer
- Design & develop highly scalable services and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Gain exposure to various emerging technologies used in Marketing and E-commerce platforms.
- Provide technical direction, architecture leadership and expertise to the team.
- Lead by example. Show your chops as an exceptional and experienced developer.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
- Participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project, product and business requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirement); designing robust and scalable architectures; writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery
About the team:
As part of Walmart's Sponsored Products team, you will be building highly scalable and reliable APIs, data-pipelines, services, and applications which will drive the next generation of CRM experiences. You'll independently handle high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues, troubleshoot business and production issues. As a member of this fast-moving and highly entrepreneurial team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to innovation and development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 12+ years of experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Expertise in Java, Scala, Object Oriented & Functional Programming, Design Patterns
- Experience in coding and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed eco-system with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP
- Expertise in Apache Hadoop, Map-reduce, Apache Spark, and in messaging Systems as Kafka
- In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Strong expertise in designing and building scalable APIs & cloud native microservices
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America