Director, Enterprise Business Continuation Management Office (R-108839)
Job Classification:Corporate - Risk
The Enterprise Business Continuation Management Office is accountable for developing and managing the Company's business continuation program and monitoring its effectiveness. EBCM serves in both an enabling and oversight capacity, with Businesses and Corporate Functions having primary responsibility for managing business continuation risks.
The Director is responsible for providing guidance and coordination to Prudential’s business continuation community in their development, maintenance, testing and execution of business continuation plans. The successful candidate must have a strong background in business continuation concepts and experience in their execution, to ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and company requirements.
Responsibilities include leadership or support of the following:
- Coordinating and managing business continuation testing and exercising, including vendors where applicable; partnering with stakeholders to ensure quality and effectiveness
- Facilitating communication and cooperation among stakeholders on cross-business/cross-functional program activities
- Coordinating response efforts for business continuation events
- Maintenance of business continuation planning standards and oversight of their implementation across the Company
- Development and implementation of business continuation planning tools
- Ongoing assessment of program effectiveness; recommend and support implementation of program enhancements as applicable
- 5+ years business continuation management experience in the financial services industry or a multi-national firm; industry-related certifications will be a differentiator
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and provide effective challenge to stakeholders at all levels, as well as manage conflict between multiple stakeholders
- Strong and clear communicator (oral and written) who can demonstrate a credible depth of knowledge to converse with and lead business partners
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, make decisions and take accountability for driving transformative change
- Project management skills and experience
- Presentation skills and executive presence
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings/weekends and/or travel to support exercises or events
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.