Senior Manager, Transformational Change Management
- Advises leaders to determine needed capabilities and conditions to successfully drive business strategy. Guides consistent, effective change execution on a portfolio of projects designed to build those capabilities, including: oversight of Consultant-level or external OD/Change resources’ work, providing tools, coaching and guidance to non-OD/Change resources, and ensuring consistent application of Walgreens Way of Transformation and Change across projects.
- Proactively identifies capability opportunities/gaps and works with business leaders/partners to address them. This also includes connecting with various businesses, COEs and HR partners to assist with execution.
- Establishes OD/Change as a primary consideration as business leaders are making key decisions and provides leadership and insights as those decisions are made. This includes helping leaders to think about the big picture, (e.g., identifying capabilities and infrastructure needed to be successful, identifying and managing interdependencies, assessing program complexity and developing a change resourcing strategy).
- Identifies integration opportunities (due to timelines, stakeholder impacts, etc) across programs and portfolios. Is an active participant representing change in organizational forums designed to drive integration (Mission Control, JCSC, Steering Committees, etc).
- Drives business unit-level alignment between key business support groups (HR, OPCO, Retail Hub, Corp Comms, etc). Helps establish and align cross-functional teams at project level to successfully develop and execute integrated change plans.
- Aggregates change needs across all projects in assigned portfolio and determines the appropriate resourcing strategy. Serves as escalation point for OD/Change resources assigned to projects in assigned portfolio.
- Works with leaders to build cohesive story/narrative for their overall business strategy. Uses that story/narrative to tie disparate programs together for key stakeholders, drive awareness of connection to overall organizational strategy, etc.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Identifies the need for external change consulting support as needed (typically more tactical communication, training) for an assigned project. Determines required budget and works with project leads to build into upfront business case. Manages the day-to-day work of any hired consultants through delivery of deliverables and the resulting budget.
- Identifies opportunities to continuously evolve and enhance the capability and value add of the Walgreens OD/Change Team based on organizational context and industry best practice. Serves as a subject matter expert and upskills the team as needed to deliver on value proposition.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in organizational development, including experience in the disciplines of change management, organizational effectiveness, organizational design, communications, and/or training/performance support or High School/GED and at least 7 years of organizational development experience in these disciplines.
- Experience leading change management efforts on large-scale, cross-functional programs.
- Experience in one or more of the following OD areas: organizational design, building organization capabilities, Visioning/Picture of Success work combined with strategic planning, post-merger integration, leadership team development, leadership coaching.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience prioritizing/organizing and tracking details of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally in a matrix structure and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expenses and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years experience in organizational development, including experience in the disciplines of change management, organizational effectiveness, organizational design, communications, and/or training/performance support or High School/GED and at least 10 years of organizational development experience in these disciplines.
- Experience developing change-management methodologies.
- Experience building short-term and long-term strategy in partnership with senior leaders.
- Experience helping senior leaders drive business-capability development.