Assistant General Manager, Waxahachie DC (756063BR)
- Develops strategies to be prepared for business challenges, as well as, changing business trends. Frequently compares trends with forecast to determine variances. Reviews plans and strategies regularly to ensure changes in forecast and trends are properly anticipated and prepared for. Maintains high standards across the distribution center’s functions.
- Maintains a productive, positive, and motivated workforce. A proven developer of people. Evaluates talent, provides performance feedback, allocates time and resources, and fosters development opportunities to support the organizational planning process. Ensures performance successes are appropriately shared and celebrated. Ensures performance deficiencies are appropriately addressed.
- Sets parameters, develops goals, allocates resources, and establishes effective controls to achieve goals, standards, budgets and KPIs. Assists in ensuring operational excellence across operations for the DC and adherence to divisional processes and procedures.
- Assists in overseeing the facility and equipment, working to ensure all components of the facility are functioning properly.
- Creates and maintains an organized, clean and safe workplace.
- Ensures appropriate merchandise flow (volume and timing) to meet store needs at, or below, budgeted cost.
- Models, supports, and ensures compliance to operational standards, company culture, beliefs, and values.
- Leads the management team, directly and indirectly, in searching for improvement opportunities using Lean principles.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in a high-paced operational role, including but not limited to warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center or supply chain management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a high-paced operational role, including but not limited to warehouse, distribution center, fulfillment center or supply chain management.
- Experience owning quality and efficiency KPIs and scheduling a large workforce.
- Experience leading and facilitating cross-functional teams.
- Experience building and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Experience managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Business degree in Logistics or Industrial/Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation).
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in a manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.