Pharmacy Resident - Purdue University (766743BR)
- Develop skills needed in Walgreens health system pharmacy relationships and specialty pharmacy.
- Working with disease states such as oncology, chronic inflammatory diseases, HCV, HIV, transplant, and others with Limited Distribution Drug (LDD) therapies
- Development of collaborative programs to improve patient adherence and outcomes
- Patient counseling and Medication Therapy Management services
- Community outreach supporting public health
- Pharmacy advocacy in local, state, and national organizations
- Evaluate sustainability of new patient care programs as well as enhance and manage existing programs
- Collaborate to improve pharmacist roles in transitions of care
- Administer immunizations in a variety of settings and partnerships
- Develop management and medication distribution skill set
- Design and conduct a patient centered business plan
- Complete a Teaching Certificate Program
- Serve as a preceptor to pharmacy students
- Design and conduct a practice based research project
- Present research project findings at a professional conference
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Ability to obtain pharmacist license within the state of residency within 90 days of the start of the residency program
- Submission of residency application materials to Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Individuals must participate in and adhere to the rules of the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.