Pharmacist Local Specialty (848280BR)
- Ensures department personnel provide hospitable service and information; and are courteous, friendly, and efficient.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints, maintains and improves overall image of pharmacy department.
- Manages the daily operation of the pharmacy department.
- Improves prescription numbers, pharmacy sales, profit, and image through the accurate filling of prescriptions, and by providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of patients, prescribers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and health systems.
- Reports prescription errors immediately and adheres to Company policies and procedures relating to prescription incidents and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and Company policies governing all drugs and products; maintains required records, documentation, and reports.
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains pharmacy department housekeeping, maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable government regulations and laws.
- Controls the store's safe and "bank," including electronic register readings, cash withdrawals, cash accounts, daily cash reports, cash over and short records, and other reports related to cash management.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department systems and equipment.
- Maintains awareness of third party pharmacy business opportunities, and assures proper administration and implementation of third party pharmacy systems and procedures to lessen payment rejections. Resolves third party rejection problems promptly, and resubmits rejected claims for payment on a timely basis.
- Manages and controls Prescription Department inventory. Adheres to Company buying procedures, recommends and orders merchandise from proper internal and external sources.
- Supervises pharmacy department team members to assure performance of required functions and adherence to Company policies and procedures. Ensures proper licensure of all pharmacy department personnel. Confirms pharmacy department employees are trained on all required functions regarding payer and pharmaceutical contractual requirements (adverse event reporting, data and inventory reporting, clinical management). Reaffirms with all pharmacy department personnel, on a regular basis, their obligations regarding the dispensing of prescriptions only in good faith.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health care, and retail management fields that relate to job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practices.
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with physicians and other health professionals. Works collaboratively, along with the Local Specialty Pharmacy staff.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institute.
- Current pharmacist license in the states within the district (or willing to obtain in 1 year) per district guidelines.
- At least 1 year of pharmacy experience including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Has completed specialized training regarding medication and disease state or has sufficient practical experience that is necessary to provide specialized services offered at clinic location (HIV, Organ Transplant, Oncology, etc.).
- Previous experience at a Walgreens Local Specialty Pharmacy.
- Overall score of Exceeds Expectations for the most recent performance review period and an overall score of Achieving Expectations for the earliest review period.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and salary available for this position by clicking here: [Register to View] . Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-[Register to View] .