Principal Software Engineer (855465BR)
- Research and develop tools and frameworks to evaluate End to End performance of our platform
- Develop processes tools and services to integrate and automate performance testing and monitoring into the engineering life cycle
- Work with multiple development teams and provide directions to the teams on performance concerns and improvements.
- Creating and evangelizing performance standards across software applications and teams.
- Efficiently work with various profiling tools such to identify performance, scalability and concurrency bottlenecks
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software system or application for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools for highly strategic and complex/high risk undertakings. Plays a leading role in new software design and development.
- Writes code that establishes coding specifications, typically for software programs and systems that have no precedent. Leads in developing the technical "vision" and design specifications assigned for projects and oversees implementation.
- Develops, or may lead in developing, technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud based or internet-related tools for highly strategic and complex/high risk undertakings
- Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champion process (Scrum, TDD, etc.). Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Foes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, take on additional "tech lead" responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion.
- Use technical expertise in software design, architecture and software and system interrelationships.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information / solutions related to areas of expertise and/or gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions
- May lead teams / projects
About Walgreens Boots Alliance Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor's Degree + at least 6 years OR High School/GED + at least 9 years experience in Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Experience writing code for complex online applications, microservices or mobile applications
- Experience in algorithms, systems, architecture, bit-and-bytes- and automation
- Experience with technical project management
- Experience writing and maintaining processes documentation
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix complex problems/issue
- Experience engaging at the executive level
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional tea leadership
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state or out of state)
- Experience in analyzing, designing and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks in large-scale enterprise systems.
- Experience with performance monitoring & analysis tools such as Dynatrace,Jmeter, Artillary (or similar tools)
- Experience with Digital Workload modelling and Cloud based performance testing using Blazemeter, Soasta (or Similar tools)
- Experience with apps in the cloud (azure preferred, but alternately AWS, Google Cloud or other)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Go,Python
- Experience in chaos testing
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Knowledge of database concepts (SQL and/or NoSQL database)