Senior Cyber Threat Response Analyst (853410BR)
- Responsible for the early stages of threat detection by identifying threats at the first phase of an attack or compromise. Hunts for hidden and unidentified threats to the organization’s cyber environment.
- Detects threat actor activity including exploitation and risk to critical systems.
- Monitors specific cyber threat actors to understand their tactics and techniques.
- Utilizes data analysis, threat intelligence and cutting-edge security technologies to find unusual behavior and malicious activity.
- Tracks down the malicious agents who are already in a network and removes them from the environment once discovered.
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to help detect new, interesting or unique threats and mitigations based on hunting observations
- Works with security monitoring tools such as firewalls, data loss prevention, network intrusion detection and antivirus software.
- Uses a hypothesis-driven approach and behavioral analysis to uncover connections and correlations between potential cyber threats.
- Reviews audit logs to identify unusual behavior in the network and endpoint devices.
- Documents findings and incident investigations. Provides feedback and training to improve security controls.
- Provides subject matter expertise and insight to clients about industry attack trends and defenses by developing and maintaining deep awareness and understanding of evolving threats, adversaries and intrusion trends. Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of experience in IT Security OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in IT Security
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Cyber experience in at least two of the following: Active threat hunting (open source or commercial tooling), Intrusion analysis, Managed or enterprise information security services, Incident response, Endpoint forensics (Windows, MAC, or Linux), Malware analysis, Penetration testing, Network defense, Threat hunting, Information security consulting
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience working in the IT Industry