Senior Manager IT (850892BR)
- Manages efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives for the specified area of responsibility. Leads the specified area of responsibility to ensure performance standards are conducive to company standards and all goals and objectives are met in a timely and organized fashion.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Manages problems and issues pro-actively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Defines and implements consistent key IT key performance indicators in order to enhance the operational focus of the IT department.
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
- Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities. Reviews and approves any request prioritizations.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group. Anticipates process-centric, people-centric, and operations-centric ideas, issues and opportunities to move the business forward.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan and is responsible for meeting/delivering against budgetary goals and objectives.
- Researches and recommends new and emerging technologies and services within set budget that will enhance Company's overall business performance.
- Makes recommendations for specified area of responsibility regarding the operating plans for specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations of assigned area.
- Influences individuals within and outside the IT department. Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics