Health Corner Pharmacist- Sign-on-bonus (861934BR)
- Engage customers by greeting and offering assistance with healthcare and with diagnostic products, services and solutions, and any other in-store assistance customers may need. Provide customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient service. Answer questions about service offerings, hours, promotions for health products and services.
- Maximize the customer’s knowledge on how to effectively manage health and prevent their existing conditions from escalating, inclusive of the customers’ use of their diagnostic devices in managing their care. Provide exceptional customer care in a friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and professional manner; give impartial, professional advice and assistance.
- Builds relationships with customers and foster trust. With the customer’s consent, this position should oversee and schedule follow-up calls and meetings with the customer.
- Provide health care advice at customer request and limitations of the Advisor role. Advisory services include, but are not limited to:
- Health-related questions to assist with their care journey; How new or existing products or services may help in managing their condition;
- The proper use and setup of connected devices and applications;
- Other Walgreens services, third party applications, etc. that may complement their care; and,
- Refer them to other resources, services, and solutions that may assist them with their care journey.
- Learn, understand and document the needs of the consumer
- Assist customer in determinging possible options to healthcare, referrals to local clinicians and other resources.
- Model and share customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinct and delightful customer experience.
- Exhibit knowledge about the Walgreens pharmacy services and products and any other healthcare service offered by Walgreens such as Find Care.
- Assist customers accessing healthcare services through the Walgreens app, website, and within the Walgreens store.
- Conducts approved health care screening services. This would be services including but not limited to Blood Pressure, BMI, A1C testing.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Health Corner area.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when representing the Walgreens Health Corner to visitors internal and external to Walgreen Co.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures; maintain respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Collaborate with Walgreens Health Corner business team to collect key learnings from customers on their experience.
- Conduct customer surveys and document experiences for future changes for Health Corner. Participate in meetings and conference calls concerning new and modified offerings for the digital health corner and other healthcare service programs and promotions and complete special assignments during down time as assigned.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm and sharing vision.
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions, and ensuring communication is open between management and non-management team members.
- Train and coach team members on the responsibilities of roles, new equipment, new and upgraded programs and products.
- Complete Walgreens training on instore health products/devices and online digital tools as well as learning modules. Maintain a working knowledge of technology tools provided to perform duties.
- Seek to gain a deep understanding of Walgreens products, services, and technology in order to maintain relevant and up-to-date knowledge of healthcare services, products, and promotional offerings listed above.
- Seek self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, learning from others, and improving job performance.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution. Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district with at least 6 months experience working in the healthcare/pharmacy environment.
- Strong ability to work in muli-locations and maximize time across locations with proven success.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on self and team to complete objectives, and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Comfortable with healthcare vernacular, or healthcare experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Understanding of the chronic care management, life style management, and Walgreen’s diagnostic devices and products that are being offered in store and on-line.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Proficient in utilizing and configuring connected digital solutions such as fitness trackers, wellness apps, and other similar applications. Experience with utilizing website forms, mobile applications, PC/tablet systems, and in-store systems.
- Prefer bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prefer two years of experience working in high touch retail sales ; prior knowledge of local health care system is a plus.
- Experience in assisting customers to resolve complex issues