Senior Software Engineer (Android) (855117BR)
Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, who will perform and implement activities that impact components/ processes of specified functional areas of the Walgreens Digital/Online application. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur. Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings. Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects of the platform operation in an Agile environment.
This role is developing design skills but has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software application and resources. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and is proficient with them. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that regularly require the application of independent judgement. Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or application for the software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related resources. Writes code that meets specifications, typically for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
- Writes code that meets specifications for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
- Develops software applications and resources. Participates in software design.
- Develops software applications and resources using Agile development methodologies.
- Delivers software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plan and delivery commitments.
- This role is assigned to important / complicated undertakings.
- Contributes to and participates regularly in the design, architecture and develop phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate. Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and manages to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization. Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Developing design skills. Has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software applications and resources. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Developing design skills and has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software applications and resources. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree + at least 4 years OR High School/GED + at least 7 years of experience in Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field
- Experience writing code for moderately complex applications
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices or mobile applications
- Experience designing/building moderately complex applications/automation
- Experience writing automation test or deployment scripts
- Experience creating/coding scripting solution to fix moderately complex problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to/at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• 4+ Years of Mobile App development experience and excellent hands-on skill in Kotlin (AOS)
• Experience in building testing automation tools using cloud platforms like AppCenter
• Experience in ReactNative Programming.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing & operations
• Experience integrating third party SDKs like Facebook, Adobe etc
• Experience with integrating with Back-end Services ( APIs, GraphQL etc)