Manager, Data Engineering (872435BR)
- Manages the activities of a team of data engineers responsible for developing software code that formats, tags, processes, stores and serves data.
- Manages the design and development of software and processes to support large scale, efficient data pipelines and optimizes the availability of data to generate insights and address business needs.
- Manages the planning, prioritization and execution of data production projects and processes.
- Plans cross-functional data delivery to support Data Science team and business needs.
- Perform and monitor data governance, data quality, integrity, and standards, master data management, meta data strategy, business intelligence/analytics.
- Manages and oversees the automation of key ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) and quality assurance processes for large volumes of data, supports migrations of workloads.
- Provides contribution to decisions on key technology choices for data pipelines to ensure that they are scalable, repeatable and secure, and can serve multiple users in the organization.
- Makes input into specific aspects of the operating plans of the function or unit at the next highest organization level, then based on prevailing conditions, manages the daily operations of assigned section of work.
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Influences individuals within and outside the department. Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the Senior
- Manager, Data Engineering for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Provides team leadership, project management. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years OR High School Diploma/GED + at least 7 years experience in Business intelligence, data engineering development, data processes, and data integration.
- Deep knowledge of SQL, SQL Server, non-relational databases, Cloud-based data processes, ETL processes, business intelligence.
- Advanced experience in performing and monitoring enterprise level data governance, integrity, and quality, managing master data, moving data between databases, providing meta data strategy, business intelligence/analytics.
- Advanced experience in documenting data and data processes, establishing relationship between data model, data dictionary and technical metadata.
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization
- Experience analyzing, documenting, and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Advanced experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- M.S. or MBA degree.
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers.
- Experience developing APIs a serving/data exposition layer after the ETL process.
- Experience with Azure / Databricks or other Cloud databases and data processes.
- Experience in Python, business intelligence (Tableau, etc.).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams