Lead Product Owner (Remote and Hybrid options available)
- Fosters an overall a holistic vision of the Platform (and functional sub-domains) scope and conveys it to the entire Engineering team along with a set of capabilities assigned to Platforms
- Assigned to specific Platforms, within a Release, based on priority, and keeping scrum teams aligned to development of these capabilities within a Release
- Contributes to the definition of capability/feature catalog and identifying upfront dependencies
- Provides overview of capability/features (scope) to Chief Scrum Masters (CSM) to support Release Planning estimations and delivery
- Works in collaboration with Product Architect (PA) and CSMs, of a Platform, to which he/she resides, to facilitate Platform and Solution delivery
- Accountable for decomposition of capabilities to features
- Accountable for Functional Refinement Plans, ensuring releases are scheduled
- Coordinates the cross domain streams of Refinement workshops for the functional domains assigned to the Platform
- Leads and ensures alignment and consistency of the work of the several POs in the Platform
- Drives resolution, taking accountability, and being proactive in driving closure to issue
- Effectively manages meetings by identifying agenda, minutes, decisions, and actions for each meeting
- Ensures the single POs provide their teams with necessary information to start design activities.
- Collaborates with CSM on Release Plans/Release Planning and responsible for Sprint 'scope' planning
- Identifies dependencies & constraints internal to a Platform (with PAs and CSMs), to which he/she resides; call out dependencies & constraints (with PAs and CSMs), to other Platforms, when known
- Collaborates on an Integrated Plan with all Delivery roles
- Accountable for validation of constructed capabilities
- Accountable for the demo events for the Platform on release level
- Identifies and contributing to process improvements, within Requirements Engineering, Platforms, and across the Program
- Meets Goal, Objectives, Metrics and Performance of the Requirements Engineering and Platform team, to which he/she resides
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available atwww.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience working as a Product Owner in an agile environment OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience working as a Product Owner in an agile environment
- Experience directing and motivating the Development team.
- Experience relaying expectations of product features to the development team.
- Experience conducting surveys to determine most appropriate feature to add to a new or existing product.
- Experience working with user groups and scrum team to obtain and analyze user stories
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO) or as a certified scrum product owner (CSPO)
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Confluence, Jira, StoriesOnBoard, or other tools is a plus
- Experience with Figma