IT Support Specialist Distribution Center (904719BR)
- Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices.
- Runs and monitors batch jobs such as integrated store order processing and prints picking documentation (labels)
- Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by production equipment.
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including team members, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Lifts and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment. Performs repairs or coordinates with vendors on more complex repairs.
- Maintains and troubleshoots networking problems and systems (PC networking including switches and cabling, RF wireless systems, etc)
- Maintains and troubleshoots proprietary material handling software and systems from vendors such as Dematic and Schaefer
- Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- High School Diploma/GED and previous experience in a technical support function.
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including printers, terminals, PCs, RF communication hardware, etc.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- Knowledge of various software, such as Microsoft Windows operating system, MSOffice Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
- Experience following processes, recommending improvements, translating technical terms to non-technical users, solving technical problems and working in a team environment.
- Hours of support may require weekend, holiday and/or off-hours shift coverage.
- Associate’s Degree or technical degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred Certificate in Network Plus, Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
- Experience at a distribution center or manufacturing environment.
- Experience identifying and working with basic electronics, such as computer components, A/V equipment, RF devices, etc.
- Knowledge of coding and/or programming (such as Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, ASP).
- Experience building and maintaining databases (such as Web, Access and SQL).
- Knowledge of network topologies.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience with operating production laser printers, such as OCE and Xerox, and thermal transfer printers.