Human Resources Manager, Distribution Center, Woodland, CA (899489BR)
- Counsels Distribution Center (DC) administration and supervisors on organizational policies and practices, such as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, fair wage hour and work condition practices, and recommends needed changes to ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including understaffing, referees employee-supervisor-management conflicts, administers disciplinary procedures and advises on inappropriate administration procedures, recommends corrective action.
- Maintains working knowledge of DC operations and productivity measures, stakeholder guidance functions. Maintains employee records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Manages the DC Administration Assessment Program to evaluate facility managers’ performance, reports results and recommendations to our Support Center Team Member Development manager. Prepares and follows budgets for personnel operations, department’s annual payroll, expense and operational budgets.
- Plans, organizes, guides, controls personnel training, or labor relations activities of an organization, coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor and employee relations.
- Coordinates with various Support Center HR areas on updates and policy changes.
- Assists Support Center Compensation department in classification of DC positions, provides local market information related to wage surveys.
- Attends monthly warehouse department meetings with managers, supervisors and hourly employees. Responds to policy questions, facilitates discussion, encourages feedback and assists resolving operational problems. Recaps meetings for DC Manager, recommends appropriate actions.
- Facilitate talent management strategies throughout the DC in partnership with DC managers. Facilitate performance management and talent review processes.
- Educates DC managers to enable them to strengthen results through respective teams.
- Facilitate training, to include on-boarding, orientation and delivery of company training programs and initiatives.
- Partner with Employee Relations Shared Services Team to investigate escalated ER issues.
- Guide and develop the DC’s leadership team and stakeholder population, with a focus on development opportunities, using individual development plans, performance improvement plans, and coaching plans.
- Coach DC leaders to drive change adoption and drive accountability.
- Deliver HR programs to support the Supply Chain talent strategy.
- Work in partnership with DC leadership to build and management a talent pipeline in each DC. Facilitate calibration sessions for performance review and succession planning processes.
- Oversee performance appraisal processes.
- Acts as a 'change agent' to effectively support cultural transformations in support of strategic initiatives.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or training OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or training.
- At least 5 years of experience applying the knowledge of Federal, State, Labor and Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA laws.
- At least 3 years of experience of coordinating, supervising, training professional level individuals.
- At least 3 years of experience handling complaints, settling disputes, resolving grievances or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Experience with Labor Relations
- Knowledge of distribution, manufacturing and/or production environments.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Experience in the indirectly guiding team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.