Principal Software Engineer (8261_R-1047681)
- 7+ years Strong Backend Development experience
- 7+ years in Java, Spring Boot, Node.js experience
- 3+ years in ReactJS
- 5+ years in Data ETL
- 3+ years on Public Cloud, preferably on Azure
- Thorough DB experience including Relational Databases, NoSQL etc.
- Microservice patterns
- Event driven architecture
- Cloud Native exposure
- Mainframe exposure
- Data stage experience
- Experience with Spark, Databricks, and Cassandra
- Experience with Kafka messaging
- Kubernetes experience
This position requires the candidate to have
- Experience with Statistical Modelling, Data Extraction, Data cleaning, Data screening, Data Exploration and Data Visualization of structured and unstructured datasets
- Expertise in natural language processing and machine learning, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling, and ranking
- Ability to implement large scale Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms to deliver resourceful insights and inferences
- Skilled in Big Data Technologies like Spark, Spark SQL, PySpark, HDFS (Hadoop), MapReduce
- Solid programming skills with knowledge of R, SQL, Python or other data-extraction and analysis tools
- Experience with deployment of machine learning and statistical models on a cloud and leveraging services in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural net-works, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience with Python libraries including NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, MatplotLib, Seaborn, geopy, NLTK and R libraries like ggplot2, dplyr, Lattice, Highcharter etc.
- Experience with cloud services such as : Azure Cloud, Databricks, Azure HD Insights, ADF or similar
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience developing enterprise software products
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America