What you'll do...
Completes work assignments and priorities in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) Service by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with Managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Complies with federal, state, and local heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry regulations and guidelines (for example, building codes, indoor air quality (IAQ), cold chain requirements) by conducting inspections; and making repairs.
Complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) safety policy and environmental guidelines; and reclaiming ozone-depleting refrigerants.
Maintains quality standards by inspecting installations and modifications of new heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment and Emergency management Systems (EMS); ensuring contract compliance; and identifying and reporting deficiencies.
Provides required paperwork by completing and submitting expense vouchers, summaries, refrigerant logs, and work orders.
Ensures available resources for maintenance and repair by managing refrigerant levels and parts inventory; recording purchases and usage; tracking and ordering parts; and developing relationships with parts suppliers and contractors.
Ensures working order of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) and Emergency management Systems (EMS), and direct digital control (DDC) by troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing equipment; performing major and minor preventive maintenance; and managing district workload with external service providers.
Ensures financial sustainability by compiling and reporting budget information; requesting replacement equipment for Facilities; submitting warranty claims; reviewing journals and invoices; conducting price comparisons of refrigerant, parts, and travel related costs; and developing scopes of work for projects (for example, rooftop unit (RTU), condenser coil replacements). Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 2 years' experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 4 years' experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field.
Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency Certification for Refrigerant handling.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical HVAC/R program, Mechanical license in city and/or state where job is located
2456 3RD AVE W, DICKINSON, ND 58601-2608, United States of America