Director, Data Science - Omnichannel Supply Chain Strategy (8261_R-774591)
- Lead, hire, and mentor a team of world-class supply chain strategists and highly analytical leaders, while working in an agile, experimental environment
- Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish, including cross-functional project management, data collection and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and the communication of insights and recommendations
- Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to optimize supply chain strategies with the goal of delivering an excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost and asset efficiency
- Develop strong relationships with Walmart functional areas to identify best practices, solicit input/data, coordinate interdisciplinary initiatives, and gather support for recommendations
- Identify areas of opportunity and influence execution of results via cross-functional participation to enable quick wins and continuous improvement
- Obtain alignment from relevant business partners and management support for projects and lead discussions to drive change
- Effectively organize, assemble, and use all available resources when given a project to ensure success
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Bring a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within the supply chain, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization
- Are adept at dealing with ambiguity and making independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand
- Excel in communicating with individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
- Have experience leading a team of exceptionally supply chain practitioners and data scientists
Potential projects include:
- Create models to analyze the Supply Chain network needed to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; opening, closing, or repurposing distribution centers; conduct scenario analysis to evaluate multiple networks designs and impact to customer experience and cost to serve
- Develop optimization logic and a tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation, balancing cost and SLA requirements
- MBA, MS, or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with large dataset mining tools and open-source programming tools (e.g., R, Python, HiveQL, Spark)
- Experience with network modeling tools (e.g., Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru), network optimization, and long-range planning
- Extensive experience or knowledge of supply chain domains and related information systems - distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing, and inventory management
- Retail industry experience
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 3: 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America