What you'll do...
Project Scope / Insights Partnership Strategy: Manages multiple small-to-medium cross-functional research and analytics projects that support a business area or category. Business Partnerships: Consults with senior leadership/ business partners (e.g., Sr. Directors/Directors) to understand goals/functional objectives, understand and identify key business issues and formulate ideas to mitigate current and future business challenges/issues; confirms functional research objectives and oversees development of tactical research plans. Manages the creation of and presents actionable recommendations to Sr. Directors/Directors to contribute to business results. Serves as a subject matter expert to the business on market insights. Problem Solving Approach and Data Identification: Reviews proposed research hypotheses with a view towards investigating unrecognized business issues. Reviews and advises on most efficient and appropriate research methodology (e.g., primary vs secondary research, advanced analytics, predictive analytics). Defines tactical methods and procedures to identify, collect and collate complex and large data sets from research and/or customer surveys for small-to-medium projects. Research and Data Analytics: Manages the development and application of research methodologies and analytics to address advanced business and technical problems and support data-driven decision making. Supports more experienced team members with the development of the research or analytics approach. Reviews data models, analysis and approaches undertaken by third parties for outsourced projects. Insights Identification: Reviews information from multiple sources, and organizes research and analytical findings to present clear, actionable solutions to strategic business issues. Performs detailed data reviews with internal teams (e.g., Advanced Analytics) or third-party vendors to develop preliminary recommendations for functional teams. Crafts key insights and messages in reports/executive presentations, translating findings and preliminary recommendations into actionable plans in a clear, compelling manner for non-technical audiences and senior leadership. Collaboration: Collaborates with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for multiple small-to-medium projects. Interacts on a daily basis, and collaborates with external business partners and vendors. People Development: Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Conducts performance and career development conversations, if applicable. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates and managers. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events. Live our Values Culture Champion
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance. Servant Leadership
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent. Embrace Change Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks. Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working. Deliver for the Customer Customer Focus
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans. Strategic Thinking
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy. Focus on our Associates Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs. Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action. Talent Management
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 3 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field OR 5 years' experience in marketing research, data analytics, consulting, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America