(USA) Software Engineer III (8261_R-1083846)
- Frontend Engineering: You create and improve systems, bridging the gap between the user and backend developers to provide the best user experience.
- Backend Engineering: You design and build ground-up transformational tools, integrating data across sources and collaborating across cross-functional teams.
Tech Skills: Java, SQL and NoSQL, Service Oriented architecture, Cassandra, Spring Boot, Kotlin, Scala, Solr, Kafka, MemCache, Big data frameworks - Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm. Cloud technologies (GPC, Azure), Open-Source technologies,
- Full Stack Engineering: You work with a range of technologies and languages, understanding the complete implementation process to deliver world-class solutions.
- Mobile Engineering: You build UX focused android and iOS applications using OOP design principles to help millions of our customers and members.
You'll really wow us if...
- You're comfortableworking in an Agile environment, both collaboratively and independently.
- You build meaningful relationships.
- You use your knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures,algorithms,and patterns) tocreate an outstanding user experience.
- You align your work with meeting enterprise-goals.
- You have experience with React.
- You have experience with Kubernetes/Docker
You'll make an impact by...
- Develop technologically advanced solutions that makealarge-scaleimpactand improvethe end-user experience.
- Operate with a startup mentality, bringing new ideas to the tableandinspiringthosearound you to do the same.
- Identify areas of opportunity, determining solution designsand provide guidancetosystemand processenhancements.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Join Walmart and your work could help approximately 220 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Here at the world's leading retailer, you can make career defining accomplishments, learn new skills, gain experience from virtually every industry and leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail. Discover why we are a world leader in technology, diversity and inclusion, sustainability and community involvement. [Register to View] .
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.
We're Primarily Virtual
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. Most of our team will make this permanent transition to our hybrid way of working as our new normal.
Our U.S. hubs are: Austin, TX; Bentonville AR; Carlsbad, CA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX, Hoboken, NJ; Portland, OR; Reston, VA; Seattle, WA and Sunnyvale, CA.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America