Analyst Sr Compensation (882378BR)
- Responsible for working with highly sensitive and confidential information and maintaining the confidentiality of the information used during the normal course of business.
- Participates in approved salary surveys through the collection and reporting of data to third-party survey providers. Reviews salary survey results and provides recommendations on additions/deletions of benchmark jobs in use.
- Provides analytical support in complex aspects in the development of merit budgets, salary structure modifications, and incentive plan data gathering and reporting.
- Provides expertise in accessing, changing, maintaining, and assuring the quality of compensation and HR databases.
- Prepares complex economic and cost impact models of compensation initiatives for individually assigned activities or as part of larger Compensation department initiatives.
- Provides counseling to management in the review of complex pay changes on an individual level (e.g., promotions, transfers, etc.), or on a division- or system-wide basis, (e.g., merit review cycles, etc.).
- Keeps current in all aspects of compensation through formal and informal training, participation in local and national professional organizations, continuous learning and reading, and general professional curiosity.
- May coach, mentor, guide, and provide oversight to less senior Compensation Analysts.
- Manages complex ad-hoc Compensation projects and analyses.
- Participates in the development of incentive compensation plan designs (e.g., executive compensation, short- and long-term plans, sales incentive compensation, short- and long-term plans, sales incentive plans, etc.) and assures model validation and alignment with goals, forecasts costs and develops the communication plans, tools to measure attainment against plan, and calculation of potential award amounts.
- Counsels HRBPs, TA team members, and others within the HR division on many aspects of the Walgreen's reward philosophy, market pricing, internal equity, job evaluation, broadband structures, and other aspects of compensation to ensure that Walgreens is able to effectively recruit and retain top-tier talent.
- Develops, analyzes, and makes recommendations for compensation programs in support of specific business units within the Company to ensure they are competitive within the market, position, and industry. May meet with senior level executives to present programs, answer questions, and gain approval of compensation programs.
- Assists in the enhancement of the compensation aspect in HR information systems to ensure delivery on strategies and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of compensation experience; OR high school/GED and at least 4 years of compensation experience.
- Experience with confidentiality requirements associated with the practice of Human Resources, Compensation and/or Finance.
- Experience working with and applying compensation techniques, job evaluation, salary survey practices and methodologies, salary program development, job documentation, the elements of total rewards, and target setting concepts.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in compensation healthcare industry.
- Experience in Human Resources outside of Compensation such as working as a generalist, business partner, or in benefits, recruiting, talent development, HRIS, or other HR function.
- Experience with incentive compensation plan designs, development, deployment, and measurement.
- Experience with maintaining, administering or using compensation systems and knowledge of HRIS analytics as they pertain to compensation functions.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principals and the requirements of collaborating with Finance on relevant compensation activities.
- Experience working with EEOC, OFCCP and other compliance requirements
- Experience applying the principles of the Fair Labor Standards Act and its applicability to the job evaluation process.