Senior Software Engineer (8261_R-1069030)
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better"
- You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
We are searching for an Infrastructure Engineer responsible for the best in class infrastructure to support or data management platforms in alignment with business SLA's and Walmart Tech Standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science or other data related field
- Proven ability with infrastructure provisioning using Terraform on cloud provider (azure or gcp)
- Strong experience in spinning, orchestrating, and managing containers using Docker and Kubernetes clusters.
- Hands-on experience with telemetry systems, APM alerting and monitoring.
- Maintenance and usability of transaction SQL on relational Oracle or NoSql MongoDB
- Demonstrate infrastructure management and automation using shell scripting, ansible, concord, helm
- Experience with Rest API web services and Rabbit MQ for service calls and message exchanges.
- Good to have experience in coding language such as Java, Go, Python
- Sound knowledge of Linux OS
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture with code build using Maven, Gradle, Jenkins
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America